Thursday, August 14, 2014

Early Bird



Welcome to The Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge and for this week out Twist is “Things that can Fly”. My choice for this week is a stamp by Designs By Ryn rubber stamp. He has some of the coolest stamps and I LOVE hummingbirds. The stamp is called “Flying Hummingbird 2”. She has a blog if you would like to stop by and check it out. The reason I titled this “Early Bird” is I get the magazine called Birds and Bloom and the issue from June/July 2010 I found what is called Allen’s and it said you can see this flier regularly only along a strip of the California and southern Oregon coasts, where it nests. One of the earliest migrants, the Allen’s hummingbird migrates north from Mexico as early as December, arriving at nesting ground in January. Once the female lays the second clutch of eggs, the adult male wastes no time heading back to Mexico, sometimes flying south as early as mid-May. The rest of the family follows later.
Our sponsor for the month of August is

The paper is from Die Cuts with a View the stack is the Botanical one. I sponged around with Brilliance color ink coffee bean. The pearl paper is a crimson color. I cut out the Hummingbird.




Used Tim Holtz’s alterations (new) shadow press called Hello 2, used the word “Beautiful” and my new Tim Holtz’s star cluster die. Added some big brown pearls.

Added one of Lasting Impression branch stamps for the inside and stamped it with the Brilliance coffee bean ink. Did some faux stitching on the inside also. Left it open for a stamped message or a written message.
 
These are the copic markers used to color the stamped image. I also used some wink of stella orange and black ink to give it the shine. Here is the close up.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you have a nice week end.
enter my card in designs by ryn ends Sept 1
AA PATRICIA ST MARTIN - SIGNATURE

19 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

Hi Pat! Your hummingbird is just stunning as is the whole card, inside and out!! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity!!
Hugs
Darcy

Maire Gamber said...

Wow my friend - Love your amazing card. The hummingbird is gorgeous!
Hug,
marie

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Patricia.
Gr Karin

*Vicki* said...

Wow Pat!! This sure is beautiful!! I love hummingbirds! The die cut star border along the side looks fabulous!! Enjoy your weekend! HUGS

Lisa Minckler said...

WOAH!!! Dadgum girl...of all the posts on my sidebar, your card literally grabbed my attention. This card is GOOOOOORRRRGEOOUUUUS!!!! Wowee, what a beauty ;)
Big hugs to you and happy weekend.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a sensational creation, Pat! Not only is our design outstanding, but your coloring and fussy cutting is perfection. Another fantabulous creation, Pat!

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Patricia, thanks for posting to my Facebook Page :) Your colouring on Flying hummingbird 2 just blew me away to see! You created such a dimensional look to him. I also really like the colours that you chose. Not typical for a hummingbird but gorgeous nonetheless. If you'd like to enter this into my monthly customer creation draw here's the link: http://www.designsbyryn.blogspot.ca/2014/08/august-customer-creation-draw.html
A winner is randomly picked and announced at the beginning of each month and receives a free stamp. All my best!

Penny said...

So, so gorgeous, Pat! Love that hummer! Great coloring & design, love the embossed sentiment! Really love how you gave the bird some dimension on this--looks like he is actually flying! :^)
Hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs, Penny

Sandra said...

Wow, beautiful card again Pat!!
Love that hummingbird, beautiful colored!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challlenges.
Hugs,Sandra

Unknown said...

Oh my word how wonderful! I LOVE the starry edge and the beautiful hummingbird in fabulous 3D!!! Amazing workmanship Pat! xxx

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is amazing looking and I bet it's even better in person. Love the closeup of all the details on the bird.

Pia S said...

Love this design, Pat! What a fabulous background and hummingbird, love how you mounted it for dimension!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is awesome, love the image, beautifully done Pat
Hugs Julie P

Lady E said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the stars on side, what a great idea! :)

Unknown said...

Wow Patricia!!! You are a phenomenal card maker. This is just gorgeous. That bird looks like it is going to fly right off the card. It is so realistic. I love the inside too.

Desire Fourie said...

Pat this is a stunning creation. Your colouring is out of this world and I just adore the stars on the side.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Pumpy said...

What a card, it is beautiful. Great Blog you have here, glad to be in the Blog Hop.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautifully colored, and wonderfully designed, Pat! Love this pretty card. hugs, de

Angela B. said...

I just love your card! So creative! I'm hopping along the blog hop! Woot!